Verdo’s personal data processing policy
- Data controllers
The following company is the data controller for your personal data: Verdo A/S, CVR no. 25 48 19 68
- Contact details
Agerskellet 7, 8920 Randers NV
Telephone: +45 8911 4811
- Verdo’s processing of information about you
No matter which service or product Verdo is delivering to you, Verdo processes the following information about you:
- Phone number and email address
- Particularly on the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes
Out of respect for you, Verdo will only use your personal data for this purpose if you have consented to this.
If you have consented to Verdo processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Verdo using the above contact details or on Verdo’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent, Verdo will immediately stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Erasure and/or anonymisation
Generally, this means that your personal data will be erased/anonymised five years after
- you have moved away from Verdo’s supply area or have terminated all agreements with Verdo, and
- all outstanding balances/unresolved disputes between you and Verdo have been settled.
There may be specific exceptions to these time limits for erasure.
- Disclosure of personal data
The individual Verdo companies acting as data controllers will disclose your personal data to Verdo’s parent company, which processes information about you on behalf of the companies.
In addition, we will disclose your personal data to others to the extent that we are required to do so by law, as well as to our suppliers to the extent necessary to deliver a service which involves you.
At Verdo, we have a high standard for our suppliers’ processing of personal data, and we are committed to ensuring that everyone we disclose information to complies with the data protection law.
- Your rights
- Right to receive information about how and for what purposes we process your personal data
- Right of access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to have inaccurate personal data rectified
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to restricted processing of your personal data
- Right to transmit information (data portability)
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
If you have any questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights, please contact Verdo using the above contact details.
You can read more about your rights in the ISO guide on the rights of data subjects, which is available at https://ico.org.uk/.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are dissatisfied with the way in which Verdo processes your personal data.
- You can find the Danish Data Protection Agency’s complaints guideline (in Danish) and contact details at www.datatilsynet.dk.
- Verdo has implemented a number of technical and organisational measures to ensure protection of your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorised disclosure, abuse or other processing in violation of applicable law.
- If we identify security breaches or are informed that the security in connection with processing of personal data becomes – or is at risk of becoming – compromised to such an extent that it poses a high risk to your rights or freedoms, we will immediately inform you about this.
- Verdo has also implemented a special procedure for how any personal data breaches must be handled, including how the Danish Data Protection Agency and Verdo’s customers are to be informed.
Verdo carries out ongoing control to ensure that the processing of personal data is in compliance with the data protection law at all times.
Verdo will consider on an ongoing basis whether this personal data processing policy should be revised. If the policy is revised, you will be able to see the revised policy at www.verdo.com.
*Information regarding consent is shared with the following registered companies within the Verdo group: Verdo S/I, Verdo A/S, Verdo Tele A/S, Midtjysk Elhandel A/S, Verdo Go Green A/S, Verdo Vand A/S, Verdo Varme A/S, Verdo Hillerød El-net A/S, Verdo Randers El-net A/S, Verdo Entreprise A/S, Verdo Energiteknik A/S, Industrivarme A/S, Verdo Produktion A/S, Verdo Hydrogen A/S, Verdo Energy A/S, Carbon Partners AS Norway, GF Verdo B.V and Verdo Renewables LTD.
We record and disclose the personal data necessary for us to be able deliver the products to you.
The personal data are registered with Verdo A/S and stored for five years, after which the information is deleted.
In addition, we collaborate with a number of other companies which store and process data. The companies only process information on our behalf and are not allowed to use the information for their own purposes.
We only work with data processors in the EU or in countries which can provide adequate protection for the information about you.
The data controller on www.verdorenewables.co.uk is Verdo A/S.
You have the right to be informed which information we process about you.
If you believe that the information is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected. In some cases, we have a duty to erase your personal data if you request us to do so. This may, for example, be the case if your data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which we needed to use them. You may also contact us if you believe that your personal data are being processed in violation of the legislation. You can write to us at: email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NEWSLETTERS
What does Verdo Renewables use information about me for?
When you sign up for Verdo Renewables’ newsletter, you give your consent to us sending you emails with relevant news, offers for our products and services, competitions, information about activities in Verdo Renewables and other similar marketing material.
Who is allowed to use my consent?
Verdo Renewables is part of the Verdo group, which consists of a number of different companies*. As your consent is stored centrally, it is available to and may be used by all of these companies. Thus, when you sign up for the newsletter, you consent to your email address being shared across the companies for marketing purposes as mentioned above – naturally only to the extent necessary to adapt the marketing to your particular profile. As the Verdo Group operates within many different business sectors, we ensure that you only receive the newsletter from the company and/or the general areas of interest which you have specifically signed up for.
How do I unsubscribe?
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter and withdraw your consent at any time. A quick and easy way to do so is via the unsubscribe link, which is always included in the newsletter. You can also unsubscribe by going to www.verdorenewables.co.uk and clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COOKIES
The use of Verdo’s websites is completely anonymous. No data are recorded which can be used to identify individuals, unless you sign up for newsletters or similar. No data are disclosed or sold to third parties.
A cookie is a small text file which is typically stored in the Internet browser and which allows Verdo to recognise a computer, tablet or mobile phone. The file is not malicious and cannot contain viruses or malicious programs. Cookies are used to monitor users’ movements on the website and to record information in anonymous form in order to make the website more user-friendly, efficient and targeted. No data are recorded which can be used to identify the individual user of the website, unless the user voluntarily provides such information, for example by stating an email address when signing up for a newsletter.
Verdo uses different types of cookies:
- Session cookies, which are necessary to maintain a connection between a computer and a website.
- Persistent cookies, which are stored on your computer to remember a choice you have made. If, for example, you click a banner, Verdo stores a cookie which tells us that you clicked the banner.
- Third-party cookies, which are cookies that are created by a third-party website or program. An example are social add-ons from Facebook where you can ‘Like’ Verdo’s web pages.
- Cookies for web statistics, which are used to find out which websites the users visit and when. These data are used to improve the websites and to understand how the users as a unified group navigate through Verdo’s websites. The information is of a general statistical nature and cannot be used to identify individuals.
In most recent browsers, cookies can be rejected under ‘advanced cookie settings’ under ‘Internet options’, where you can add www.verdorenewables.co.uk to the list of websites which you want to block cookies from. Here it is also possible to delete individual cookies or all the cookies saved by the browser.