Below is a list of the most common questions that we get asked relating to our products.
If you have any additional questions then please feel free to contact us by calling 01264 342 009 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are wood pellets? - Wood pellets are pellets made from fine wood particles. They are cylindrical in shape, and measure 6mm in diameter, and approx 3.15mm – 40mm in length.
- What are pellets made from? - Our wood pellets are made from locally sourced virgin timber. There is no waste or recycled wood used in the manufacture of these products.
- Are there any additives used in the manufacturing process? - No additives of any kind are used in the manufacturing process. The natural lignin of the wood is what binds the pellet together.
- Are Verdo Renewables wood pellets dusty? - All our pellets are screened before bagging which virtually eliminates all dust.
- Which quality standard do our wood pellets conform to? - Our pellets conform with the latest European Standard, ENplus. We have been awarded the ENplus certificate UK001.
- Where are our wood pellets made? - We have two production plants in the UK, Andover in Hampshire and Grangemouth in Scotland. Each plant has an annual production capacity of 55,000 tonnes of wood pellets. We also import pellets for supply through our Distribution Depots and Verdo Euro Value bagged pellets - currently these pellets are sourced from manufacturers in Estonia.
- How are our pellets delivered? - Bagged pellets are delivered on pallets using local courier companies, please refer to the delivery sheet advice.
Bulk blown pellets are delivered using specialist “blower” vehicles. We use rigid six or eight wheeler vehicles which have a capacity of 14 - 18 tonnes and artic vehicles which have a capacity of 28 tonnes.
The dimensions of the rigid vehicle are: 3m(W) x 3.5m(H) x 10m(L).
The dimensions of the artic vehicle are: 3m(W) x 3.5m(H) x 15m(L).
- How far can our pellets be blown? - The maximum distance we recommend for blowing our pellets is 20m.
- Is there a minimum order? - Yes there is, depending on your location.
- Where do we deliver to? - We offer a national delivery service.
- How long can pallets be stored? - Our pellets should last indefinitely in storage provided they are kept free from contamination and away from moisture.
- How much space is needed to store pellets? - 1 tonne of pellets = 1.5m³. All fuel stores must be kept dry.
- How much ash is produced from burning pellets? - The percentage of ash produced as a proportion of weight is very low – less than 0.7%.
- What is the price of pellets? - The price of our pellets varies depending on volume and distance. We always try to reduce costs to our customers by combining deliveries and building in efficiencies. Please contact us for a quotation.
- Why use us? - 3 simple reasons: quality of product, guarantee of supply and a high level of customer service.
- What is the difference between the UK manufactured pellets and Verdo Euro Value? - All Verdo wood pellets are ENplus A1 certified and BSL accredited. The price of imported pellets will be determined by European raw material costs, global demand of wood pellets, foreign exchange rates and shipping rates – the price of imported pellets will vary as these factors change.
- Can the plastic wrappers / bags be recycled? - The plastic we use to produce our bags is exactly the same material that is used by the supermarket bag manufacturers: LDPE 4. This material can be recycled at supermarket bag recycling points. This type of plastic is very widely used in many industries due to its properties and it results in the most greenhouse gas savings when it's recycled.